I am all about chips and dip/salsa. I absolutely LOVE it!
I am always on the look out for some new dip recipes and I discovered his recipe from A Spicy Perspective. Make sure you head over to her page for the original recipe and awesome photos.
- 16 ounce can Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans (or fat free)
- 2 – 10 ounce cans Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce (or one 19 ounce can)
- 8 ounces Market Pantry Light Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 cups Market Pantry Reduced Fat Mexican-Style Shredded Cheese, separated
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Scallions or cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the Old El Paso Refried Beans in the bottom of a 8-9 inch baking dish. Cover the beans with chopped chicken. Then top the chicken with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Place the cream cheese in a food processor (or blender.) Puree to soften. Then add in the Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce and puree until smooth.
- Pour the creamy enchilada sauce over the shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Then pull the dip out of the oven and sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Garnish with fresh chopped scallion or cilantro if desired. Serve warm with baked veggie chips or raw vegetables.
It’s addicting so proceed with caution! 🙂